Spaghetti squash is a delicious and nutritious side dish that can take any dinner from good to great. Underrated, and not as popular as other veggie side dishes, spaghetti squash is a fun and easy to make complex carbohydrate that can replace heavy starch like pasta or rice to help you reach your health and fitness goals.
Spaghetti squash is a type of winter squash. Often used as an alternative to common carbohydrates like pasta, spaghetti squash is low in carbohydrates, high in fiber and a great source of vitamins and minerals. Compared to butternat squash, spaghetti squash contains 2.5 grams of fiber, 6.6 grams compared to 21 grams and 43 grams of carbohydrates.
Spaghetti squash is a great source of complex carbohydrates as well as fiber and micronutrients. Spaghetti squash is rich in carotenoids, a type of antioxidant that can help eliminate free radicals and oxidative stress. Carotenoids are responsible for the yellow color of squash and are converted to vitamin A. Antioxidants are extremely beneficial, due to their anti-inflammatory properties, which can eliminate free radicals and slow the progression of age-related diseases and infections.
- Calories: 42
- Fat: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 412 mg
- Carbohydrates: 10 grams
- Fiber: 2.2 grams
- Sugar: 3.9 grams
- Protein: 1 g
- Manganese: 0.2 mg
- Vitamin A: 9.3 mcg
- Vitamin B6: 0.2 mg
- Vitamin C: 5.4 mg
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and roasted cracked peppers
- Preheat the oven to 375-400 F.
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and ribs. Sprinkle the inside of the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the spaghetti squash on both sides of the cut on a baking sheet and use a fork to make the holes.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until light brown on the outside, fork tender, but still a bit stiff. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your squash. It usually takes about 30-40 minutes, and it is cooked differently unless convection or baked.
- Remove from the oven and invert the squash so that it is cut sideways. Use a fork to scrape and fluff the strands from the side of the squash and enjoy!
Solverine is a patient athlete and active lifestyle brand. Designed for elite athletes, and with a strong will, our products are designed to stimulate your athletic performance. We Perform When you perform.
We believe that not everyone can just optimize their athletics Performance But their human potential. We believe that we can optimize performance through Clinically proven ingredients, including clarity, clinically effective dosage, and evidence-based results. We provide the nutrients you need to strengthen your active lifestyle.