I know what you’re thinking, “Healthy mac and cheese, there’s no such thing.” But, yes there is, otherwise, you won’t be here. Healthy mac and cheese, in contrast to being “healthy” is about cutting some calories and fat. But we’re going to add some protein and find a way to lighten the load by making this healthy mac and cheese a staple in your weekly dinner options.
The first step in making that mac and cheese a bit healthier is to replace it with gram pasta, whole wheat, brown rice or quinoa, instead of using plain carbohydrates or traditional white pasta. Switching from a simple carbohydrate or refined carbohydrate to a complex carbohydrate will slow down your digestion, add more fiber to your diet and slow down your blood sugar, keep you full for longer, and maintain stable energy levels. Chickpea pasta will have much more protein than any other alternative and it tastes just like the real thing.
Additionally, reducing the amount of butter, or replacing butter with butter substitutes, the amount of cheese and milk will also save you some calories and fat content. Pea milk, also a protein pack and a protein packed mac and a great alternative to cheese recipes.
- 12 ounces of pasta: (gram, whole wheat, quinoa, cauliflower, or brown rice)
- 1 বিকল্প tablespoon butter or butter substitute
- 2 cups milk or pea milk: (For those who are allergic to milk, they can replace it with oat milk, or macadamia, or pea milk)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups cheddar (small blocks will melt well)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- Fill a large pot with water, add salt and bring to a boil
- Add the pasta and cook for about 8-10 minutes until tender. If you prefer your pasta, cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Strain and rinse with cold water
- Add again to the pot with butter and cheese
- Let sit in the pot for 5 minutes
- Stir in cheese and butter until creamy
If you try to stay healthy but absolutely love mac and cheese, this is a great recipe that gives you the best of both worlds. Try this healthy mac and cheese recipe to get the protein packed bowl with your favorite delicious mac and cheese.
Solverine is a patient athlete and active lifestyle brand. Designed for elite athletes, and with a strong will, our products are designed to stimulate your athletic performance. We Perform When you perform.
We believe that not everyone can just optimize their athletics Performance But their human potential. We believe that we can optimize performance through Clinically proven ingredients, including clarity, clinically effective dosage, and evidence-based results. We provide the nutrients you need to strengthen your active lifestyle.