Growing up in a Persian family, your diet consisted mainly of chicken and rice – the food of a bodybuilder. One of my favorite dishes of all time is Barberry Rice with Saffron Chicken, also known as Xeresh Polo. If you are looking for a new, delicious, and delicious healthy food preparation idea, Zereshk Polo will quickly become one of your favorite dishes.
The barberry actually makes the Jersey polo so authentic and delicious. Saffron with that. Barberry is a tart red berry, native to the Middle East. They contain a number of beneficial compounds, especially barberry, which acts as a powerful antioxidant.
Saffron (Crocus sativus L.) is a Middle Eastern spice. Saffron and its main constituents Crocin and Crocetin are natural carotenoids, which are known to possess a wide range of properties, producing anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidative and neuroprotective effects. Saffron adds a great flavor and gives yellow color to rice and chicken from carotenoids.
Unlike ordinary chicken and rice, Xeresh polo takes a little more time and effort. Some ingredients, such as barberry, may be hard to find at your local grocery store, but you can order them here. Zereshk Polo is one of the most satisfying dishes and adds a delicious twist and variety to your weekly meal preparation.
- 1.5 cups basmati rice
- 2 pounds chopped chicken
- 8 cups of barberry
- ¼ Tea-spoon saffron, roasted with a mortar and spice
- ¼ Cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 8 teaspoons cardamom powder
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- Chop the onion
- 8 cups carrots
- 6 cups blanched nuts
- 6 cups dried cranberries or raisins (optional)
- 8 cups orange peel
- 7 tablespoons salt
How to make rice
- Place the rice in a container of cold water, soak, rinse, and rinse well with the starch. Repeat until the water is clear.
- Fill a pot with 3 quarts of water or 1/3 full. Add 1 tablespoon salt and olive oil and bring to a boil. Discard the rice and keep stirring slowly in the pot. Bring to a gentle boil, uncover, until there is a line between the rice grains over medium heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the rice sit for 5 minutes. Strain and rinse gently with cold water until the water is completely drained.
- Put 4 tablespoons of olive or avocado oil back in the pot and place the rice slowly in the pot. Add two tablespoons of salt and stir gently. Cover and cook on medium / low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- You will make a layer of crispy rice (tahdig) at the bottom of the pot, which can be used to mix with your rice. It’s delicious.
How to make barberry
- Wash and rinse the barberry. Soak for 20 minutes and strain through a small sieve.
- Add the barberry to the pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Combine blanched nuts, carrots, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, onion and rose water in a pan and cook for 5-10 minutes, then set aside.
How to make saffron chicken
- Cut 2 pound chicken breasts into small cubes.
- মধ্যে Place in saffron mortar and pastel and drain finely. Add to small dishes with a small amount of hot water and set aside.
- Cook the chicken in the pan, add 2-3 tablespoons olive or avocado oil, for 15-20 minutes. Add that saffron to the chicken, and add the rest on top of your rice.
If you are looking for a delicious dish to add some more variety to your food preparation, then Xeresh Polo is a must. Although this recipe takes a little longer and contains more ingredients than just standard chicken and rice, the added ingredients are worth it.
Need help optimizing your diet and nutrition plan to finally get the results you are waiting for?
Solverine is a patient athlete and active lifestyle brand. Designed for elite athletes, and with a strong will, our products are designed to stimulate your athletic performance. We Perform When you perform.
We believe that not everyone can just optimize their athletics Performance But their human potential. We believe that we can optimize performance through Clinically proven ingredients, including clarity, clinically effective dosage, and evidence-based results. We provide the nutrients you need to strengthen your active lifestyle.